Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday 4/18/2013: Bad Product of the week!

Hello beauties!

Now, I just wanted to start off by giving you a rough schedule on when I post certain topics.

Monday - Face of the Day!
Tuesday - Favorite Product of the week.
Wednesday -  Daytime Eye Makeup of the week.
Thursday - Bad Product of the Week.
Friday - Nighttime Eye Makeup of the Week.
Saturday - Nails of the Week.
Sunday - Weekly wrap up.

Every 2 weeks, I will have a new "First Impressions" where I will talk about one new beauty product I purchased recently, and try it out for the first time. I will also be doing Monthly favorites on the first day of the new month. If I have a day where I bought some new beauty products, I will publish "Hauls"!!

Now onward to the Bad Product of the week.

(I just want to note this before I talk about this bad product. I am in no way "dissing" these products. It may work for you, or someone you know. I am posting my opinion on this particular product.)

2 weeks ago, I was in Indiana visiting my boyfriend. Since they don't have a mall nearby, that meant there were NO Sephoras, or ULTAs. I needed to buy a new undereye highlight because I had left my Maybelline Magic Lumi highlight concealor back home! So, we ran to the local Walmart, and I jetted straight to the makeup section (like I always do!). My intentions were to pick up another one of the Maybelline highlight concealors, but I had spotted the one ALL of the beauty gurus have been talking about lately...


(Left: First Application. Right: Blended.)

The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles. This concealor is specially made for people who have dark circles and it wont settle into your fine lines (or otherwords, wrinkles).

Now, I don't know if it's just me, but I hate this. The consistancy is so thin! I mean, thicker concealors settle into fine lines, but I wish this was thicker. The applicator sucks. Its spongey, and barely gives you any product at all. I applyed this over my Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealor to even out the thickness and add highlight. After about 30 minutes after I applyed all of my makeup, I went to check my face in the mirror. I was horrified! There were streaks under my eyes! I immediately had to even it out, but it didn't make it any better...

Maybe (JUST MAYBE), I got a defected item. I'm not all for returning my purchases, but I wish I did. I'm hoping to make this work somehow. I'm doing a bunch of tests with different concealors I have, but honestly, none have worked so far. I will keep you guys updated!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading today's Bad Product of the week.

Check back tomorrow for the very first Nighttime Eye Makeup of the week!

Til then, I love you all!!!

- An

No comments:

Post a Comment